Many have heard about how useful stretching is for the body. In order to avoid muscle injuries, stretching exercises should be performed after training, or after a small warm-up. Stretching for beginners should be simplified.
Stretching exercises will help you make your body more flexible and resilient.
Of all the known types of stretching, statistical stretching is recognized as the most effective. This stretching can be done at home.
For best results, you must stretch correctly. You can read about how to do this below.
If exercises aimed at improving stretch marks for beginners seem too difficult for you to do yourself, you can always contact special centers. For example, in Moscow there are many fitness centers for stretching, and the training program for each is individual.
Why do you need stretching?
Many people ask: why do you need stretching? People who regularly stretch can have different goals:
- improved posture;
- joint health;
- dexterity development;
- after stretching, the mood improves;
- blood circulation stimulation;
- improved coordination;
- increase muscle elasticity.
However, first of all, muscle stretching is needed to prevent injuries during training.
Among other things, the systematic stretching of the house will help you lose weight and build muscle.
For beginners, exercises for body flexibility are a great way to get involved in sports. They do not overload the muscles, however, proper stretching of the muscles is simply necessary in stretching (you may often come across the word “stretching”, but you don’t know its meaning. Stretching is an exercise aimed at stretching the whole body. In large numbers, there are effective exercises for good stretching. Below will be presented the most famous of them.
In order to get huge benefits from stretching, it is not necessary to have a perfect stretch. Of course, improving stretching will not hurt, you can even set your own records. But do not forget that in the first place should be the correctness of the exercises.
How to stretch
It is necessary to do the stretching correctly, because stretching, like any other sport, is dangerous if some instructions and regulations are not followed. You can make a good stretch, observing simple rules:
- Warm up your body before starting classes. To give a load to unheated muscles is not only harmful, but also traumatic. Aerobic exercise should be performed.
- All movements should be performed smoothly. Sudden movements can cause serious injury.
- The breath should be even.
- Keep your back straight.
- Do not bring to pain. If there are pains, then this level of load is not yet within your strength. Excessive muscle stretching can lead to injury, it is better to increase the amplitude of the stretch slowly.
- Follow the correct order:
- Train regularly.
As you can see, learning to do stretching correctly is a snap.
A good stretch will come with time. Do not worry if you do not notice progress in the first couple of weeks.
Muscle stretching exercises can be performed in the gym. However, you can do stretching at home, just remember to properly pull the muscles.
You can see more details on how to stretch properly in the video.
When you can’t stretch
Stretching, like any other sport, has contraindications.
Trying to achieve a good stretch should only be if it is not harmful to your health. You should not do stretching if you have:
- the uterus is lowered;
- spinal injury;
- inflammation of the muscles / ligaments / joints;
- tendon injuries;
- bruises in the legs;
- sore lower back;
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
Also, in case of menstruation, girls should postpone training.
To an untrained person who is engaged in too intense training, stretching can stretch the muscles excessively.
Stretching is required for any sport.
Among other things, gymnastics is not always beneficial during pregnancy. Stretching is strictly contraindicated in the first trimester. Starting from 5-6 months you can do it, but only after consulting a doctor and according to specially designed programs. After childbirth, you can start classes no sooner than after 3 months.
More information on how to do stretching for “dummies” can be found here.
Types of Stretch Marks
Stretching for beginners is a dark forest. If you started stretching, you should know that it is divided into several types:
- Active. This type of stretching implies training without external influences. That is, a person performs all exercises independently. Such a stretch gives a greater effect and is the safest. She, in turn, also has subspecies: short stretching and long. Long stretching, unlike short, is suitable for all people.
- Passive. It means working under the influence of an external force, that is, with the help of a partner. This type of stretch marks is quite common. If you are engaged in passive stretching, you must be fully confident in the professionalism of the partner, otherwise there is a risk of injury.
- Dynamic. It involves the smooth execution of all movements with fixation at the end point.
- Ballistic. Stretching in jerks and springy movements. These stretching exercises and flexibility are not for beginners. They will bring more benefit to experienced athletes.
- Statistical. The essence of this stretch is to fix the position of the body during exercise.
- Isometric. In this type of stretching, tension and relaxation alternate.
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular. Here, passive stretching is combined with isometric muscle contraction. Perform this type of exercise is possible only under the supervision of a specialist.
Each of the types listed here will help you achieve sporting success. None of them is the main or main.
Examples of different types of stretch marks can be found here.
You may have heard about power stretching. This is a type of training, which is simultaneously aimed at stretching the muscles and gaining muscle mass. In addition, it helps to lose weight. This stretch is perfect for men.
The best exercises for all parts of the body
Stretching exercises are aimed at the development of all muscle groups. Usually they are performed in a complex. But to create a universal complex for stretching is not possible. You can achieve an ideal stretch only by individually selecting gymnastic exercises.
10 best stretching exercises
- Camel Pose. Get on your knees, put your palms on the floor, feet on the width of the hips. Put your socks on the floor. Carefully grab your heels with your palms, push your hips forward, open your chest. Do not allow pain. Do 3-5 breathing cycles.
- Frog. Take two pillows or two towels. Place your knees bent on the pillows. Slowly breed, sliding on the pillows, the angle at the knees should be 90 degrees. Get down on your elbows, roll lightly back and forth. Keep your socks off the floor. Lock for a minute and return to the starting position.
- Deep squats. The bar should be at shoulder level. Position the barbell on your upper back. The elbows are looking down, the shoulder blades are down, the chin is pointing up, look straight. Gently squat on the exhale, the hips should be parallel to the floor. Gently rise as you breathe. Do 5-10 reps.
- Tilts the head. Legs at shoulder level, arms on the sides. Slowly tilt your head to the right, trying to reach the shoulder. Then also slowly tilt your head to the left. Do 10 reps.
- Pose of a pigeon. Get on your knees, pull one knee under you, taking your foot forward a little. Straighten the other leg back. The back is straight. Hands on the sides touch the floor. Take 10 deep breaths. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Butterfly: Sit on a horizontal surface. Heels together, knees look sides. With your palms, press on your knees, then weakening the pressure, then again strengthening. Do 10 reps.
- Stretching calves. Face the wall at a distance of about 1m. Forearm touch the wall. Do not take your heels off the floor. Lock the pose for 15 seconds.
- Head turns. Place your hands on the belt, the back is straight. Turn your head while inhaling, while exhaling, return to your starting position. 10 repetitions on each side.
- Tilts forward. Legs at shoulder level. Lean smoothly, try to reach the floor with your palms. Fix the pose for 2-3 seconds.
- Side lunges. Take one foot to the side. Slowly lower yourself, gently bending your legs. The bend angle should be equal to 90 degrees. As soon as the hips become parallel to the floor, stop dropping. Do 10-15 repetitions on each leg.
Some stretching exercises from the list are quite simple, while others, on the contrary, can be difficult. Such a stretch for beginners may well be carried out at home, because for a good stretching of the muscles you do not need additional equipment. However, if you are afraid that you can’t do it, you can sign up for group classes or take private lessons.
Learning from scratch on your own is quite difficult, many do not know where to start stretching. Stretching classes can start with a basic stretch for beginners. Of the above exercises, it includes:
- head tilts;
- head turns;
- leaning forward.
The rest of the stretching exercises from the list are not suitable for beginners. You should gain some experience before doing them.
Tilting the head is one of the easiest ways to stretch your neck muscles. They are divided into two types: back and forth and to the sides.
- When you tilt your head back, place your fingers on your chin and help yourself when tilting your head. While leaning forward, place your hands on the back of your head and slightly help the head. Repeat exercise 10 times.
- If you are tilting to the sides, then try to reach the shoulder with your ear, alternately tilting your head to the left, to the right. The shoulders should not be involved. You can help yourself a little with your hand, with it I tilt my head in different directions. Do 10 repetitions.
- Circular rotation of the head will also help to train the neck muscles. The neck should be relaxed, the head lowered to the chest. Slowly roll from the center of the chest to the edges, try to look over your shoulder. Perform 10 repetitions, throw your head back and do another 10 repetitions.
During the performance of certain exercises, the back remains straight.
The above exercises will help you get a good stretch of the neck muscles, but will not increase muscle mass.
In addition, such a stretch may be the prevention of neck muscle strain. However, in this case, you should consult your doctor, because the number and technique of the exercises performed may depend on the severity of your injury.
Stretching the muscles of the shoulders, back, chest
Stretching the upper body will keep the muscles of the shoulders, back and chest in good shape.
There are different sets of exercises for stretching the upper body, but they stretch the same muscles. Here are the most popular exercises that, when properly performed, will help you quickly improve your body flexibility.
Shoulder stretching exercises
- “Castle”. Raise one hand up, place the palm behind the head, the hand is bent at the elbow. Place the other hand behind your back, bending at the elbow, and press the back side into the left shoulder blade. Try to clasp your hands. Repeat, swapping hands. Exercise must be performed with a straight back.
- Hands on each side are pressed to the body. Do circular movements with your shoulders. Do 10 reps.
- Put your hands on the wall. Try to keep your brushes close together. Step back, pull your chin to your neck. Try to bend as much as possible.
Back stretching exercises
- Tilts forward. Legs at shoulder level. Lean without sudden movements, try to touch the floor with your palms. Fix the pose for 2-3 seconds.
- Take a lying position. Bring your legs and pelvis upright, focus on the shoulder blades. Place your hands behind your back. Gently lower your legs behind your head, rest your socks on the floor and spread your arms to the sides. Knees should not be bent.
- Lie on your back, pull your legs, bent at the knees, to the chest and grab your hands. Swing back and forth.
- “Cat”. Get on your knees, lower your palms to the floor. Slowly bend and bend your back. Repeat 5 times.
- “Mill”. Legs at shoulder level, tilt parallel to the floor. Rotate the body by touching the fingers of your left hand to your right foot and vice versa.
Breast Stretching Exercises
- Place your feet at shoulder height. Clasp your hands behind your back without bending your elbows. Lift them up until you begin to feel the stretching of the pectoral muscles. Lock the pose for a minute.
- Grasp the doorway with both hands. Move forward. Fix the pose at the point of extreme tension. Repeat 5 times.
Such a stretch can be easily done at home.
Stretching hands and wrists
Often, stretching the hands serves as prevention and treatment for injuries to the wrist or wrist. But it will also be useful to people who work at the computer every day.
- Stand up straight. Place your arm bent at the elbow behind your head. Grab your elbow with your other hand and start pulling. Repeat with the other hand.
- Clasp your hands in front of you, having previously bent at the elbows. Start circular motions with your hands. Repeat 10 times.
- Close the brushes, pull down. You must feel the tension. Then turn the brushes with your fingers down, without opening. Tighten their breasts. Do 5 repetitions.
- Take a small ball, squeeze and unclench for 2 minutes. Repeat the exercise with the other hand.
- Rest your back on the floor. Start to take your shoulders back. You should feel tension along the entire outside of the arm.
- Get down on all fours, lower your palms down, fingers toward you. Straighten your elbows completely. Start to take your shoulders back.
- Bend the brush so that the palm of your hand is pointing down. Press against the wall. If you don’t feel anything, put your hands higher. Keep your hands in this position for 30 seconds.
The correct technique for performing even the simplest elements is very important.
Stretching the abs
Most often, people get hung up on how to pump up the press, forgetting how important stretching is.
Exercises for stretching the press:
- Sit on the floor. Put your hands under your head, and bend your legs. Bend your knees left and right. 10-15 slopes in each direction.
- Lie on your stomach, spread your arms in front of you. Raise your upper body while arching your back. Lock this position for 10-20 seconds.
- Legs at shoulder level: Place one hand on the belt, tilt to the side, raising the other hand above your head. Repeat 20 in each direction.
- Keep your hands together and lift them above your head. Perform tilts left and right, 15 times on each side.
- Sit on a chair. Grip your fingers behind your head, elbows should look in different directions. Make tilts left and right, each time fixing the position of the body for 2-3 seconds.
- Take a horizontal position, arms spread out in different directions. Bend one leg and try to get the floor from the opposite side. The second leg is straight, the head is turned in the opposite direction from the bent knee. Perform 10 repetitions on each leg.
Also a fairly well-known exercise in the gym for the press is a vacuum. Before you begin to perform it, you should make sure that you have been practicing for a long time and have the necessary experience. The essence of the exercise is that you pull in the stomach as much as possible, holding it in this position for as long as possible. At the same time, you should keep your breathing even and measured.
Stretching the press, even for beginners, is not difficult. But, despite the simplicity of the exercises, do not neglect them. To achieve your goal, to develop flexibility is only possible by performing a full stretch.
If you are having difficulty performing this or that exercise, you can try using a special belt for stretching. Now they are easy to find in any sports store.
Leg muscle stretching
If you want to forever forget about what pain and fatigue in the legs is, then you should perform the following exercises:
- Stand straight, with one hand touch the wall. Bend your leg and lower your heel to your buttocks. Grab your raised leg, pull the heel to the buttocks. Lock the stretch and relax
- Lie stomach up. Legs bent at the knees, alternately pull to the chest on inhalation. As you exhale, return to your starting position. Do 15-20 reps on each leg.
- Lie on your stomach and bend your knees. With the help of a partner, reach with your feet to your buttocks.
- Make a lateral lunge, bending one leg at the knee, the second leg is extended Try to lower the pelvis closer to the heel. Once you reach maximum amplitude, return to starting position. 10 repetitions per leg.
- Bring your legs upright. Dilute as much as possible and inhale as you exhale. You can help yourself with your hands. Do 15-20 reps.
- Sit on a horizontal surface. Connect the heels together, the knees look in different directions. With palms, press on your knees, then weakening the pressure, then again strengthening. Do 10 reps.
- Sit on the floor with your legs as wide as possible. Lean in turn to each of them, try to increase the amplitude of the slopes.
You can stretch your hips and buttocks with this exercise: take your stomach up horizontally. Bend both legs. Lift the left leg, bend it at the knee and place it on the right leg. Grasp the right knee with both hands, lift it and begin to slowly pull it toward you. Do 5 repetitions on each leg.
Performing these simple exercises you will provide invaluable assistance to your body and give flexibility to the body. In addition, it is believed that regular stretching exercises not only help prepare the body for power loads, but also contribute to improving mood.